Islam-Universe

An Introduction To Islam For Non Muslims
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: backbiting
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:52 pm 
Say if you are not backbiting but the company that u are with suddenly starts to backbit but ur in a car so u can't move away.

is this still a sin on ur behalf?

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:01 pm 
Site Admin

As-Salamo Alaykom,

You should order good and forbid evil, you should tell them that they are backbiting others and committing a sin, try to advise them wisely and remind them that backbiting is worse than eating a dead meat.

If they don't listen that is not your problem, we are commanded to order good and forbid evil in a wise manner, if we do so, we are not responsible of their actions afterwards.

164. And when a community among them said: "Why do you preach to a people whom Allah is about to destroy or to punish with a severe torment?" (The preachers) said: "In order to be free from guilt before your Lord (Allah), and perhaps they may fear Allah."
[The Noble Quran, surah Al-A'raf (chapter 7)]

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:54 pm 
your right i should, but its hard when your preaching to people older than you. so i prefer to keep quite i don't kno why i think i feel as though its slightly disresspectful to tell someone older NO!!! HARAAM!! even though i kno i shouldn't be thinking like this and its for there own good, and even that i am being diresspectful to Allah for not teaching people but i just can't help it.

Report this post

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies  [ 3 posts ]