Islam-Universe

An Introduction To Islam For Non Muslims
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: HELP!!!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:47 pm 
Asalamu Alaykum w. wb,

I need advice from all of you regarding my job. I do childcare for my sister who works. The problem is that I live with her, but we tell the government that I live in another place, because she gets help from the government with the rent. If they find out that I live with her, the rent she pays will be raised and she will pay more because of the income I make. Also, she told the government that she and her husband are seprated that is why they even pay for her childcare which is the money I get by taking care of her kids when she's working.

The whole problem is that her husband who lives with her doesn't give her any money and this is why she feels the need to lie about their marriage. She need's the government's help with the rent and the childcare because she works.

I just feel like the money I get is just haraam sometimes and I feel so guilty. I wanted to quit and to tell my sister to find someone else to hold her kids while I look for another job, but my family is telling me that they need the money because it's a lot and they don't want me to quit. What should I do? Is the money Haraam? I'm so confused Sad

Report this post

Post subject: Re: HELP!!!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:48 pm 
Site Admin

Wa Alaykom As-Salam Wa Rahmato Allahi Wa Brakatoh,

Sister we are not qualified to give fatwas, please check with http://www.islam-qa.com In Sha' Allah they will help you, unfortunately during Hajj they don't take questions but afterwards they will.

I advise you to find some other job and leave your sister, I am not sure how you are paid a lot and at the same time your sister has to work? but I am sure that you will find a job that pays close to what she pays you and that would be better for you.

Please advice your sister not to feed her kids from haram; the prophet peace be upon him said:
“Every body that is nourished on haraam, the Fire is more befitting for it” [narrated by al-Tabaraani and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’ (4519)]

She should be aware of this; does she really want herself and her kids to go to hell? She shouldn't cheat any government to get money.

As for the husband he should be ordered to be a man and do his duty of spending on his wife and kids, if he doesn't then she has the right to ask for divorce, this is not something that I would recommend but he should be aware of it.

Allah knows best.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:24 pm 
JazakaAllahu Khairan for your honest reply. My sister's husband is the root of this problem I guess because she wouldn't even have to work if he took care of all his responsibilities. Insha'Allah I will visit the website you have given me.

Thanks

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:55 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
JazakaAllahu Khairan for your honest reply. My sister's husband is the root of this problem I guess because she wouldn't even have to work if he took care of all his responsibilities. Insha'Allah I will visit the website you have given me.

Thanks

You said something so true here. Just one person doing wrong is causing so many things to go wrong and making other people to do wrong in their life as well. Sad

Report this post

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies  [ 4 posts ]