In the Name of Allah, the Most
Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
1. By those (angels) who pull out (the souls of the disbelievers
and the wicked) with great violence;
2. By those (angels) who gently take out (the souls of
3. And by those that swim along (i.e. angels or planets
in their orbits, etc.).
4. And by those that press forward as in a race (i.e. the
angels or stars or the horses, etc.).
5. And by those angels who arrange to do the Commands of
their Lord, (so verily, you disbelievers will be called to account).
6. On the Day (when the first blowing of the Trumpet is
blown), the earth and the mountains will shake violently (and
everybody will die),
7. The second blowing of the Trumpet follows it (and everybody
will be raised up),
8. (Some) hearts that Day will shake with fear and anxiety.
9. Their eyes cast down.
10. They say: "Shall we indeed be returned to (our)
former state of life?
11. "Even after we are crumbled bones?"
12. They say: "It would in that case, be a return
13. But only, it will be a single Zajrah [shout
(i.e., the second blowing of the Trumpet)]. (See Verse 37:19).
14. When, behold, they find themselves over the earth alive
after their death,
15. Has there come to you the story of Musa (Moses)?
16. When his Lord called him in the sacred valley of Tuwa,
17. Go to Fir'aun (Pharaoh), verily, he has transgressed
all bounds (in crimes, sins, polytheism, disbelief, etc.).
18. And say to him: "Would you purify yourself (from
the sin of disbelief by becoming a believer)",
19. And that I guide you to your Lord, so you should fear
20. Then [Musa (Moses)] showed him the great sign
21. But [Fir'aun (Pharaoh)] belied and disobeyed;
22. Then he turned his back, striving hard (against Allah).
23. Then he gathered his people and cried aloud,
24. Saying: "I am your lord, most high",
25. So Allah, seized him with punishment for his
last [i.e. his saying: "I am your lord, most high")
(see Verse 79:24)] and first [(i.e. his saying, "O chiefs!
I know not that you have a god other than I" (see Verse 28:38)]
26. Verily, in this is an instructive admonition for whosoever
27. Are you more difficult to create, or is the heaven
that He constructed?
28. He raised its height, and He has equally ordered it,
29. Its night He covers with darkness, and its forenoon
He brings out (with light).
30. And after that He spread the earth;
31. And brought forth therefrom its water and its pasture;
32. And the mountains He has fixed firmly;
33. (To be) a provision and benefit for you and your cattle.
34. But when there comes the greatest catastrophe (i.e.
the Day of Recompense, etc.),
35. The Day when man shall remember what he strove for,
36. And Hell-fire shall be made apparent in full view for
(every) one who sees,
37. Then, for him who Tagha (transgressed
all bounds, in disbelief, oppression and evil deeds of disobedience
38. And preferred the life of this world (by following
his evil desires and lusts),
39. Verily, his abode will be Hell-fire;
40. But as for him who feared standing before his Lord,
and restrained himself from impure evil desires, and lusts.
41. Verily, Paradise will be his abode.
42. They ask you (O Muhammad ) about
the Hour, - when will be its appointed time?
43. You have no knowledge to say anything about it,
44. To your Lord belongs (the knowledge of) the term thereof?
45. You (O Muhammad ) are only a warner
for those who fear it,
46. The Day they see it, (it will be) as if they had not
tarried (in this world) except an afternoon or a morning.
Go back to the Main Page
If you have any questions or comments please click this image: